Get Help

If you have a legal problem please Contact Us for legal advice. If you want general information about the law and HIV, you may find our Guides and Publications helpful.

Our contact

Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm.
Phone: 02 9206 2060
Address: 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Click here for our location map

What to expect when you call

The intake process is undertaken by our dedicated and trained volunteers. Our volunteers are mostly law students in the final stages of their studies before becoming lawyers, or recently qualified solicitors. All our volunteers are trained in the confidentiality requirements of the Legal Centre in relation to client information.

A volunteer will take your contact and other details, and ask you to give them some information about your legal problem. They will then discuss your matter with one of our solicitors and then call you back to give you advice, request further information (for example copies of relevant documents) or make an appointment for you to come and discuss your matter further with us.

Alternatively, you can complete our intake form and send it back to us by email, post or fax. You can download the intake form HERE.

2 thoughts on “Get Help”

  1. Hi,
    I have been researching about migrating to Australia people living with hiv for quiet sometime now. I’ve been living with hiv for almost 3 years. I’m in good health, with regular check up and getting my arv here in the Philippines. I’ve been reading articles regarding my concern somehow it can help me with my situation. I’m really confuse now if I should continue my application in migrating to Australia. I am applying for 190 visa which is the state nomination visa.I have no one to ask about my situation for i don’t want to disclose my situation if i seek help to migration consultancy here and I don’t know any migration lawyer here who can advise me what to do. I actually started my application by taking the requirements which is the ielts and luckily I passed and so as the vetassess who assess your skills. With that said, maybe you can help me with my situation before submitting my application to them because I don’t want to waste my effort, time and of course money if I will be rejected in the end. Should I continue what I have started? I am hoping for your quick response on this matter.

    Thank you.

    1. Hi
      There are only certain visas that you are eligible to apply for if you have HIV. We have a guide on our website – Positive Migration Guide – which gives more information about this. If you have further questions please contact us.
      Kind regards,
      HIV/AIDS Legal Centre

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *